Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Life in Northwest Arkansas


It's been months since my last post, and sadly not much progress has been made with the non-profit. We do have an attorney on board to help, so that's promising. Life is just busy and I have been raising two little ones. That's my excuse for the moment.


Moving on to other life lessons....my girls are growing so fast. I'm amazed at how different the 3 to 4 year old span is. Ginny Grace is no longer a toddler, but now a little girl. She is super busy and I mean BUSY. I seriously have one daughter that is a turtle and another that is as fast as a rabbit. Ginny Grace runs everywhere and lives life her way. I love her sense of adventure and quick whit. Then we move into a totally different mindset with my other one. Starling is methodical and loving. She is a pleaser and has really evolved into a sweet little girl. She is a song bird, always humming and singing a song. She's actively involved in the Ozark Girl's Chorus and has been performing with them since August. She's entertaining at a few places this spring. At the moment, she quite taken with Glee and loves to sing "Defying Gravity" from Wicked.


Sadly, neither of my girls are in the least bit interested in taking dance. Who knew....all those years of tutus and tap shoes for me may never be loved by them. I still hold out hope for Ginny Grace. We shall see. She has her first Jitterbug recital this weekend. I don't really consider that dance class since it's a part of her school and does not require actual dance shoes.


I have found another blog I just simply adore: thepioneerwoman.com. Oh my goodness, where has she been all my life? I made my husband read recipes with me for over an hour last night from her site, all the while he patiently waited for me to stop ooooing and ahhhhing over the pictures of Apple Skillet Cake (which I plan to make soon).


Perhaps this blog is not about the non-profit so much, as it is about the Ledbetter's and our way through our 30's. For me, that means motherhood, continuing to teach my way through an incredible job, living day by day with a man who is so patient with me it's scary and believing in non-profit work that sometimes turns into a very demanding hobby. Let's just leave it at that for now.


At this very moment, I'm watching my little sister turn my simple kitchen into a gourmet delight. She's cooking an incredible 4 course meal for a family who won her "chef services" at a benefit for my daughter's school. It smells like roasted chicken, stuffed with this concoction of carrots, onions, garlic....yum. Did I mention she's a real chef? Yep, Culinary Institute Grad and all. I'm super proud of her.


I did a lecture today on blogging for one of my classes. I guess I am practicing what I preach. Who knows...it could get interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment